5.21.2011

emily brown.




last night i attended an emily brown concert.  to say she is one of the most inspirational and moving musical artists of all time would be an understatement.  she was amazing, unreal, pristine... for one night, emily brown was my supreme role model. 

if you haven't heard of her, go listen.  all her songs are definitely recommended for the enriching of the human soul.

There are only so many ways 

That I can tell you I love you 
Without telling you I love you 

And I have reached the limit of days 
That I can tell you I love you 
Without telling you I love you 

I give up 
I'll be blunt- 
You're all I need and you are everything I want 
Is this real? 
Would you know? 
All you gotta do is hold your breath and close your eyes and plug your nose 
And take the plunge 

There are only so many times 
That I can think that I love you 
Without blurting out "I love you!" 
And I am on the self-drawn line 
I do believe that I love you 
And I need it, I love you 

I give up 
I don't care 
'Cause when you're here I breathe you in like you're the air 
Is this truth? 
We'll find out 
'Cause I don't think this is what life is all about 
Living lost 

I give up 
I need you 
When you're not here, I don't know how to make it through 
You're my sun 
You're my sky 
The funniest thing is that I'm just discovering why 
I could die


b.

No comments: