8.11.2011

letters, missionaries, and other things on my mind.




today, as i was sorting through my mail, i came across a letter addressed to me.  i scanned over the title and address with my finger. miss brittani finlayson. the stamp had been worn from its long trip and the envelope slightly tattered. as i slid my finger under the seal, i realized how much i adore letters. the idea, the feel, the look. i love everything about personal letters.

this little pink envelope brought my ever-changing mind to another topic very prevalent in my life right now: missionaries.  i have a best friend named kyle. he is going on a mission very, very soon.  for a moment the other day, it hit me a little bit how soon he is actually leaving. it was strange to truly realize for the first time that i won't have him here with me for two entire years. he is the boy that i talk to every single day. he's the one that, even though most the time he probably doesn't want to hear it, i tell my problems and fears to. he's the one that helps me through just about everything. he's my adventure buddy. we laugh together, we play together, we do everything together. we love each other.  

the thing that boggles my mind throughout this whole ordeal is how good it is that he's leaving. i know with all my heart that this is what he's supposed to do. if anybody can change people's lives, it's kyle smith. he is the most real, genuine person i know. he never judges, he never is cruel or unkind, he is the most wonderful person on this earth. it makes me so, so happy that he will be able to change so many people's lives and fix so many families eternities. i am so proud of this boy, more than he could ever, ever know.

so i guess here is my conclusion: i'm so proud of him. i love him. he will change so many lives. when he comes back he will be the best man. i know this experience will make him a better husband and a better father. i just have to keep telling myself, "it's only two years, it's only two years, it's only two years." because that's what it is. only two years. and guess what? love can make anything, and i mean anything happen.

b.

No comments: