8.14.2011

well that was interesting.


i like lists. i do. i make a list for almost everything in life. i make shopping lists, to do lists, things i love lists, things i hate lists, lists lists lists. lists give a sense of organization to any amount of information. i love lists.  so let me make you a list of how my day was strange, weird, and awfully interesting. okay? thank you for your time.

why my day was strange, weird, and awfully interesting.
by brittani finlayson

1. it started off with a wedding. it was a good wedding, definitely a good wedding. at the brunch afterwords i sat by some... characters. they were cool. in their own secluded, "i'm strange with long hair and i may or may not ever smile" way.  you know what was also strange? i kinda liked them. 

2. when we got in the car after the wedding, i took off my high heels and put on my good old flip flops. guess what? my flip flops hurt my feet more than my heels. is that normal? because i don't believe so.

3. i went to shopko for my first time ever. pretty sure i wasn't missing much. after seeing the first display, (4 little tiny baby twix for 3 dollars. three dollars, really?) i was pretty perturbed. i guess that maybe ruined my whole "shopko experience" because it wasn't all that like i'd heard on the telly. 

4. i went to a bike race and spoke with possibly the reddest red-head i have ever seen in my entire life. he was pretty cool. it took me a second to get him to smile though, which may or may not have also perturbed me...

5. i got a slurpee and didn't even finish it. that never, ever happens. my name is brittani, and brittani never leaves a slurpee unfinished.

6. i went to my grandma's house to meet my aunt's new boyfriend. i may or may not have said one word to him. okay, we're leaning on the may not have side. i didn't actually feel like talking to him, or even meeting him. instead, i sat in the front room and played claire de lune the entire time. now i have the permanent label as the niece who's weird and antisocial and plays the same song/scale on the out-of-tune piano over and over and over again. it's okay though, i'd rather have that label then be expected to talk to him. just saying.

7. i, without thinking, messaged someone on facebook. it might have been the captain of my high school's varsity football team and the most worshiped man in school. the thing is, i didn't even think long enough to make myself sound good. i typed what was in my head at that moment (quickly, i might add) and sent it away into cyberspace, directly to his computer. fail. fail. fail. pretty sure i nipped any chance of friendship with him in the butt. (apologies to kyle's dad. i prefer "butt" to "bud")

anyway, life is swell.

my ear hurts.

b.

No comments: