3.13.2012

baby you save me.


my best friend is someone i can always count on.  he's the person i go to when i'm scared or need help.  he's the person i can sit next to in a comfortable silence, the person who tells me i'm pretty even when my hair isn't done, the one who laughs at all my jokes even when they aren't funny.  my best friend sends me letters when he's away, he ships me rings that remind me of him, he tells me stories he doesn't share with anyone else.  my best friend is honest with me in every situation.  he keeps all my secrets safe.  he always knows what to do.  my best friend hurts when i hurt, and i hurt when he hurts.  my best friend kisses my finger when i hit it on something, he sings me songs when i cannot stop crying, he puts his arm around me when i need it most.  no matter when, no matter where, my best friend will be there to pick me up if i'm afraid or in trouble.  my best friend makes me laugh more than anybody else ever could.  he tells me dirty jokes and we laugh at them together until our sides ache.  we sing to the radio and make homemade rootbeer when we feel like it.  my best friend understands me, and never thinks i'm stupid.  he doesn't judge, he doesn't criticize.  no matter the situation, my best friend is my number one fan.  no matter the situation, i'm his number one fan.  my best friend is the most wonderful person in all the world.  he makes me happy, incandescently happy, and i pray every day that i can make him as happy as he has made me.  i hope i can be all he deserves, because he deserves the best. more than the best.  i love him to death.  he's my lover, my other half, my partner in crime; but more than anything, he is my best friend. no matter how far apart we may be, nothing could ever ruin that.

b.

No comments: