11.30.2012

a true man.


i believe there are very few true men in the world. i call it realism, some people call it cynicism. some may say my expectations in a man are set too high, but i have living proof true manhood is possible. i call him dad.

my father is a true man. he is kind, loving, and genuine. my father is a hard worker. a harder worker than anyone i know. not only does he provide for his family, he gives them everything. my father isn't afraid to be emotional, although he blames it on the 'dust' when he cries. my father is strong, he's brave, he's fearless. my father knows how to love his family, to respect my mother, to follow his gut. my father is funny; hilarious, actually. i don't know anybody who can make me laugh as much as he can. my father thinks of others first, and himself last. my father makes mistakes, and apologizes when he's wrong. he's humble although he has plenty to be proud about. he's real, never fake; kind, never rude; and honest, never deceiving. my father knows what he knows, and will never deny it. my father is an example to many by his actions; by the way he lives. he puts family first, always, and each of us know his love for us. i know my father will always hug me when i need a hug, and will always listen when i need an ear. he never judges; i can talk to him about absolutely anything. i love him. more than he will ever know. my father isn't just my father, he's my daddy.

the world needs more men like my daddy.
he's shown me true men exist.

photo credit.

No comments: