11.30.2012

let me explain.


when meeting new people, i would say the most common question asked upon learning my hometown is, "are you mormon?" i have always proudly confirmed that yes, i am lds, without a sideways thought. well, here i am, laying in my bed (my bed is where i get all philosophical and such) asking myself a question that, in reality, defines my life. what is a latter-day saint?

i don't usually get all churchy-cheesy because that's not my personality. i do, however, have a very stubborn disposition and very, terribly, extremely strong beliefs. so here it is, blunt and clear. this is what i believe. scratch that, this is what i know.

i know that thomas s. monson (that adorable man up there. doesn't that face warm your heart? yeah, mine too) is a true prophet. he is the leader of our church and he and god are best friends. yep, best friends. he loves everybody on this earth and tries to give us all every tool possible to not only be happy on this earth, but to be incandescently happy for eternity. he believes in us, he has faith in us, he knows we all have divine potential. i believe in jesus christ, and i know he died for me personally. he died for every single one of us because he loves us that much. he is the one who made it possible to return to our heavenly father. he is the one that made it possible to repent for our sins and become whole and clean once more.  i know he was resurrected. and because of his resurrection and his sacrifices here on earth, we are able to return home when this journey's through. i believe in god. i know he's my father and that he wants the best for me. i love him, and he loves me too. i believe in joseph smith, and i will fight for him until the bitter end. no matter what any critic says, joseph smith did see heavenly father and jesus christ, and he did restore the gospel. he translated the book of mormon through god's power. it is something i could never, ever deny. the book of mormon is true. so true i fill with love every time i read it (even if it takes me twelve times to understand a verse). i believe in eternal families, and sometimes this knowledge is all that pulls me through. i know, without a shadow of a doubt, that if i try my very best, my family can be together forever. forever and ever. my church is often criticized, but aren't all great things? my church is set on kindness, love, charity, and an all-loving god. i walk tall knowing that i have many flaws, yet my father in heaven has a perfect love for me. he sees greatness in me. he sees greatness in you.

i belong to the church of jesus christ of latter-day saints. i believe with my entire heart.

i don't know the original photo credit, but this is the website i got it from.

No comments: