6.18.2011

and sometimes i remember how good i have it.

today is thankful... saturday. erm, i suppose everybody else wants to make these things sound cute like "thankful thursday" and whatnot. but i want to say what i'm thankful for today and today is saturday. so here's to thankful saturday.

today i am thankful for:
1. my family. i don't give enough credit to my family.  they are so amazing and sweet and kind. they help me through everything and i know they will always be there for me.  i love my family so much. i know i'm a crazy, wild, free-spirited teenager. my family deals so well with it. they celebrate my craziness. i'm so, so, so extremely lucky to have them in my life for forever.
2. my friends. i love my friends. recently i have made some new friends that amaze me.  i couldn't have asked for more wonderful people to come into my life.  i am so thankful for the old friendships i have and for the new friendships i have gained. i don't know what i would do without my wonderful friends.  thank you, best friends, for every single thing you do for me. i love you.
3. swimming.  if you didn't know, i'm a pretty big swimmer. (and i don't mean "big" as in "i am so super fast. the fastest on the planet maybe" but "i swim five hours per day every day and i love it." you get it now?) this weekend, the chat invitational has been going on and i have had the opportunity to swim in it.  every year i dread this meet. it's so, so long and usually blistering hot.  this year it has shown me a couple more of my blessings.  swimming is something so dear to me i am unable to describe it.  it's a huge part of me that i wouldn't ever give up for anything.  not only do i adore the sport, swimming has taught me wonderful life lessons, it has given me so many wonderful friends, and it has opened up doors and opportunities that wouldn't have been opened up otherwise.  i love swimming.  this leads to number four.
4. my coach. i just want to say real fast how wonderful my coach dee is.  not only does he teach all of us how to swim like champions, he teaches us to live life like champions; and i admire him so much for this. i look up to him. he is almost like my second dad.  we all know that our coach loves us.  love you dee.
5. lotion. this sounds lame, but without lotion, i'd definitely be a leather purse look-alike by now.  thank you lotion, i worship you. amen.
6. my special someone. he makes me feel special. we can talk about anything. he makes me want to better. i think i've found something worth keeping. i love you like a chinese man loves his rice.
7. the place we live. so self explanatory. i'm so thankful to be free. i'm so thankful for every opportunity i have been blessed with.
8. gospel. cheesy, yes. but true. i don't know where i'd be without it. cliche but honest. i love it.
9. life in general. sometimes i look around and remember how good i have it.


life is good.


b.

4 comments:

Stalkerboy001 said...

Definetly one of the better ones you have written:)

hottmuscles4life said...

Brittani you're amazing:))))))

lifeguardbody109 said...

I absolutely worship you girl;)))

elizabeth. said...

b. this is so good.
we are playing this week.
love you.