7.12.2011

what a beautiful mess i'm in.


today is one of those days where nothing in specifically wonderful happened, but it was all perfect and  beautiful.  every single crazy moment was wonderful. 

it was beautiful when.

1. every child in my last swim lesson was jumping in against my will... but one little boy swam all the way across for the first time.

2. i kept getting 15.1's at practice and finally pulled a 14.4.

3. i was driving home when a wasp flew in my car and up my shorts and stung my bum 4 times... but my family all laughed and laughed when i got home at the sight i made jumping out of my car and taking off my shorts in the middle of the road.

4. when i went to my pal's house and he hadn't showered yet, so i hung out with his wonderful, beautiful family.

life's a beautiful mess i've determined.  nothing ever goes perfectly as planned, but in the end, it's all just that, perfect.  the entire experience is what makes the end or the destination so wonderful.  we can't expect life to go perfectly.  we have our rough spots. everyone gets their hearts broken, everybody fails a test, everybody falls down and makes an idiot out of themselves. the important thing is that when we get our hearts broken, we move on; when we fail a test, we study harder next time; when we fall down and make an idiot out of ourself, we get up and take a bow.  what makes this life beautiful is the reactions we have to the circumstances we are faced with.  what we choose is what makes or breaks our happiness.  i believe this with every single part of me.  

life... is a beautiful mess.  i couldn't ask for anything better.

b.

No comments: