8.26.2011

the format.




i was on your porch, the smoke sank into my skin,
so i came inside to be with you.
and we talked all night, 
about everything we could imagine.
'cause in the morning i'll be gone,
and as our eyes start to close,
i turn to you and i let you know that i love you.

well my dad was sick,
and my mom, she cared for him.
her love, it nursed him back to life.
and me, i ran. i couldn't even look at him,
for fear i'd have to say goodbye.

and as i start to leave,
he grabs me by the shoulder and he tells me:
"what's left to lose? you've done enough.
and if you fail well then you fail but not to us,
'cause these last three years, i know they've been hard.
but now it's time to get out of the desert and into the sun;
even if it's alone."

so now here i sit, in a hotel off of sunset;
my thoughts bounce off of sam's guitar.
and that's the way it's been,
ever since we were kids, but now,
now we've got something to prove.
and i, i can see their eyes,
but tell me something, can they see mine?

'cause what's left to lose?
i've done enough.
and if i fail well then i fail but i gave it a shot.
and these last three years, i know they've been hard.
but now it's time to get out of the desert and into the sun;
even if it's alone.

i was on your porch last night, the smoke sank into my skin.


b.

No comments: