10.30.2011

a decision.


i just returned from the most amazing recruiting trip of my entire life.  people always say, "when you visit the school you're supposed to go to, you'll know. oh goodness how true it is.  i was so nervous about making my college choice, but everything fell together perfectly.
so all you student-athletes, you'll know. keep looking.
both of my options are amazing schools, but i'm so glad i picked the one that's right for me.

my favorite things about the university of utah: {by brittani}
1. the team.  i have never seen a college team more tight-knit.  they do everything together and are such great friends.  i adore the friend atmosphere at the u.  also, i've never seen a team that takes the term "swimming and diving" seriously.  the u truly is a swimming and diving team. the swimmers and divers do everything together, which really adds a new element to the swim team.  i love it.
2. the coaches.  the coaches are amazing.  it's a really young coaching staff, but they all have amazing amounts of experience and knowledge concerning swimming. i love the coaching staffs' dedication to the team.  they will do everything in their power to give every swimmer all the opportunities possible to achieve their goals.
3. the coaching's vision.  i feel like a lot of colleges only really look at your fastest time; the university of utah does not.  the u looks at many different factors: they look for your consistency, they look at your potential.  i love their vision. that is something i need in my coaching: coaches who have high goals for me, coaches who will help me accomplish them.
4.  campus.  oh heavens, could the campus be more beautiful? it's definitely the most beautiful campus i've ever been to.  the atmosphere is so fun, the buildings are so awesome, and it's only thirty minutes away from home which means my family can come visit me and come to my swim meets.  
5. academics.  while at the university of utah, i c ompletely changed my major. i went polar opposite, actually.  journalism to oncology. the university of utah school of medicine is one of the best medical schools in the country, and i get to learn there! i'm so lucky.
6. everything about it.  i cannot think of one thing i don't like about this school.  it is perfect for me, and i couldn't be more thrilled to be a part of it all!
go utes!

b.

No comments: