11.02.2011

and the sea is just a wetter version of the sky.


today my mother told me she was glad i haven't been posting on my blog lately.  she fears that something not necessarily "politically correct" will come out.  i thought that was an irrational fear until i began writing my last five (now deleted) posts.  they started with phrases such as: "seriously? get over yourself." "warning: do not read if you're the jealous type." and "i hate girls." in the process of writing all these hateful posts, i realized that i need to get over it.  i guess i just need to be the bigger person. relax, take a breath, and realize that i only have eight more months with these humans. calm down brittani, breathe. {i just took a really deep breath.  i'm trying to keep this all rational.}

action plan:
1. i will never say anything about my accomplishments at an athletic practice again. even if it is something i have worked for my entire life.  like committing to the university of utah.  this always ends badly.
2. when someone asks how my weekend was, i will reply, "fine." this is the safest response and usually doesn't elicit a negative rumor spread. (although people are very tricky and may still find a way to twist my response negatively.)
3. when someone texts me something rude, i will not respond.  no matter what the mean person says, they don't even deserve a response.
4. i will keep to myself. i will never talk about my ideas, fun activities, or boys.  i will never ask anybody how they are doing.
5. i will not get bugged when people are talking behind my back, i don't care. i really, really, don't care. people who talk behind my back are not the people i want in my life anyways. so who cares? not me. i do not care. i do not care.

hope that doesn't start a rumor. oh heck, what am i thinking? it will.

was that rational? yes.

"great minds discuss ideas; average minds discuss events; small minds discuss people." 
-eleanor roosevelt

b.

4 comments:

KAIT LINDLEY said...

"4. i will keep to myself. i will never talk about my ideas, fun activities, or boys. i will never ask anybody how they are doing."

Can this part be void around me?
I want to talk about fun activities, ideas, and boys with you!

Brittani said...

Okay Kaitlyn, you can be the exception. Because you don't judge. Which I like about you.

You're a good friend.

Daryk said...

Hey, just like Kaitlyn said, some people still want to be in the LOOP.
{untitled}

Brittani said...

Remember Daryk, {untitled} for life. (UFL)