12.06.2011

you're more than a lover, you're my best friend.



my eyes hurt. they're puffy and red and my forehead is a little bit blotchy. today i said goodbye to the boy i love with all my heart. i sit on the couch listing to our songs and staring at the picture he gave me of himself with a love note on the back. i log into his facebook just because i can.  i wrap up in the blanket we watched pride and prejudice in on sunday. 

it's crazy to think that for two years everything will be different.  it hurts my heart a lot, actually.

i'm thankful for all the time we had together.  for the moments i squeezed his hand too tight and for the times he let me cry into his shoulder.  i'm thankful for the times at seven peaks, for the first time he told me he loved me, for the family dinners.  i'm thankful for our break-up, our getting back together, our growing a little bit.  i'm thankful for every single moment i have had with him.  

i know it sounds really crazy and possibly unreachable, but i'm going to marry him when he gets home.  i understand that there are a billion boys out there, but out of the billions, i want kyle.  i want kyle.

i love you, i love you, i love you.

he refuses to say goodbye. today he left my house with a "see you soon."

b.

2 comments:

Kendall said...

B-I know we don't know each other super well, but I wanted to thank you for loving my brother. You've been such a strength to him and I know that your support is going to help make him an amazing missionary! Stay happy, two years is faster than you think!
~Kendall :)

Brittani said...

Thanks Ken, that really means a lot. I do love him. SO MUCH! He'll be an amazing missionary.

Keep being awesome:)