11.30.2012

home.



i move out in six days. the fact that i'm leaving hasn't really hit me yet. you know that moment where your brain knows something's going to happen, yet your heart doesn't want to face it, yet? yeah, that's where i am right now. people tell me i'm afraid, but i know that's not it. no, i'm not afraid. i'm ready. i'm ready for this entirely new stage of life. i know i am. but my readiness will never change the fact that this, where i'm laying right now, is my home.

my home is where my family is.  it's where i wake up in the morning and hear my mom returning from her morning bike ride. home is where connor sings in the shower and nathan flexes in the mirror. home is where papa makes us breakfast burritos and spatsa on sundays. it's where mom cleans bathrooms on tuesday's, where the kids clean their rooms on saturday, where i do my laundry far less than i should. home is where i check in for curfew, where we return to after sunday beach cruiser rides, where we lay when we're sick. home is where my daddy, my momma, my nathan, my connor and i always, always support each other. my home is safe. my home is love. my home is where my family is.

home is where the heart is.

photo credit.

No comments: